If you have extreme difficulty receiving dental treatments, Dr. Kelly Reynolds or Dr. Derrick Peck may recommend general anesthesia so that you can receive the care you need.
General anesthesia is typically recommended for:
- Children who cannot relax or calm down enough to safely receive treatment
- Oral surgical procedures, or other treatment that are difficult to provide when patients are awake
- Individuals who need extensive dental work completed in a single appointment
- Individuals with severe gag reflexes
- Patients with special needs or disabilities that prevent them from understanding directions or safely receiving treatment
General anesthesia is usually administered via inhalation or through an injection, and works by inducing sleep in the patient. As part of your treatment, we will also provide a long-lasting local anesthetic. This will ensure that you wake up feeling numb following treatment, and will help keep you comfortable as the effects from the general anesthetic wear off.
We will provide you with instructions about eating, drinking and other activities before as well as after your procedure in order to ensure that your treatment is as safe, effective and comfortable as possible.
Please also remember that you must have someone with you to drive you home following your appointment, and to remain with you for several hours until the anesthetic has worn off.
We welcome you to call Rock Creek Dental at 406-446-2814 if you have any questions about general anesthesia in Red Lodge, Montana, and to schedule a consultation with our caring dentists.